The protection of your data is very important to us
Arcletic’s mission is to help people perform their personal best whenever they need it. The purpose of the business is to use your data for your goals and purposes. This implies that you are the master of your data and that under no circumstances we are trading in your data. The protection of your data was to us and is always a big concern.
In the following, we’ll explain how we use your information to give you and the community the best possible offer.
We collect information about you when you create an account, use the platform, participate in a group, visit our website or communicate with us.
What personal information about you do we collect?
The information we learn from you helps us personalize and constantly improve your experience at Arcletic. These are the types of information we collect:
Information provided by you: We store the information you enter using our Website or App or send us in any other way, such as your name, birthday, e-mail and address. This also includes details of any transactions you carry out through the App or when you give us feedback. If you sign in to Janu using your Facebook login, you authorize us to access certain Facebook account information, such as your public Facebook profile (consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook), your email address, likes, gender, birthday, events, photos and friend list (only Facebook friends who also use Janu will be saved to recommend them as friend).
You choose the information you provide. In some cases you might not be able to take advantage of every single feature contained in the App if you don´t provide certain information. We use the information you give us to respond to your requests, provide a more personalized service, improve our App and communicate with you.
Please note: Occasionally, information you give when entering a group will indicate your beliefs, your political views, your state of health; or your sexual identity. These and other sensitive personal data are under special protection. Posting personal information or sensitive personal information about yourself or anyone else violates our community guidlines.
Location Information: As the App is a location-enabled service, you are sending us location information. This information may reveal your actual location, such as GPS data, whenever the App is turned on or – depending on your settings – whenever your mobile device is turned on. This is necessary for providing you with a wide array of services based on the approximate location of the device, for example about group recommendations near you. The information about the approximate location of your wireless device will be used or shared only with prior notice and your consent. The form of consent will be suited to the type of location based service you utilize.
Automatic Information: When you interact with us we receive and store certain types of information about your use of the App and the services we offer. We may use “cookies” which provide us with specific information when you use the app / website.
E-Mail-Communications: We will never send you any e-mails, unless they reply to your enquiries or if you have registered for one of our newsletters or agreed to receive our e-mails. Our newsletters contain information about our services, offers, promotions and events as well as relevant information from our affiliates and partners. To be able to make the e-mails we send to you more helpful and interesting, we often get confirmation messages when you open our e-mails if your system supports this. You will always be able to choose not to receive our e-mails, either at the time of completing a form or by following the unsubscribe instructions in each e-mail that we send out. If you send unencrypted e-mails to us, please be aware that in Internet transmission these are not protected against unauthorized third parties reading or manipulating them.
How secure is the information we store about You?
All personal information that you submit via the App or Website is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the European Union.
Do we share the personal information we receive?
Information about you is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling, renting, trading, or otherwise sharing your personal information with third parties for their promotional use without your permission. We share your information only as described below.
Other companies and individuals: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. For this purpose, the data is anonymized.
Exceptions are the sending of newsletters (e-mail address and name) and the processing of credit card payments and customer service. These have access to personal information as needed to perform its task but can not use it for any other purpose. We select established partners who deal responsibly with this data.
Protection of our App and others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of our App and Website, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Where requested to do so, we may co-operate with any court, tribunal, regulatory body, police authority or other similar authority in any investigations or proceedings concerning you or your use of the App. This may include disclosing information about communications transmitted via the App to the authorities where required.
Encryption: We take steps to protect the personal information you provide to us. Whilst we take measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us and provide an encrypted transmission standard (https), no transmission over the Internet can ever be 100% guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer to us over the internet, e.g. when using the web-based App.
Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or transfer certain of our assets. In such transactions, user information, including personal information, generally is one of the transferred business assets, and by submitting your personal information in the App or Website you agree that your data may be transferred to such parties in these circumstances. Your personal data, of course, always remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing privacy notice (unless you consent otherwise).
With your consent: With your consent, we might disclose your personal information to third parties, e.g. in order to provide you with products and services in general as well as with products and services near to your location if you have requested so.
We offer the opportunity to sign up for our service with Facebook Connect. An additional registration is therefore not possible. To register, you will be redirected to the Facebook page, where you can log in with your usage data. This links their Facebook profile and our service. By linking we will automatically receive from Facebook Inc. the following information will be transmitted to us: your public Facebook, your e-mail address, likes, gender, birthday, events, photos, friends list.
We use your name, e-mail address and date of birth to identify you, which is mandatory for the contract. The Likes, Gender, Events, Photos and Friends List are used to create your Janu profile and show you interesting activities and people.
Cookies and Tracking Software – What are they and how do we use them?
If you do not want to accept cookies you can prevent most browsers or devices from doing so. You can either set your browser or device to notify you before you receive a new cookie and refuse the cookie when your browser or device alerts you. You can also disable cookies altogether by turning them off in your browser or device. You will find the correspondant information in your browser instructions and help screens or device instructions. It is not necessary to have cookies enabled to use any part of our App, although disabling cookies may lead to a decreased level of functionality. We may also use such technologies as action tags, clear gif technology or web beacons as mechanisms to track how you navigate through the App. Such data is exclusively collected to improve the App and in the areas of research and marketing.
What about links to other websites?
We respond to any requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their privacy rights, in accordance with applicable privacy laws. You can contact us by e-mail via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any rights you may have, depending on the country you live in, include:
- Request access to, correction, update or request for deletion of your information.
- Objection to the processing of your information, to pray to restrict the processing of your information, or to request the transferability of your information.
- Unsubscribe from the receipt of promotional communications that we send to you at any time. You are entitled to this right if you click on “End Subscription” or if you click on the opt-out link in the advertising mails we send to you. , You can also update your email preferences by changing your account settings.
- Revocation of your consent at any time, if we collected and processed the information with your consent. By revoking your consent, neither the lawfulness of the processing that we did before your revocation will be affected nor will the processing of your information be affected if it is based on a different legal basis than your consent.
- Complaints to a data protection authority about the collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EU can be found here.
- You must be 16 years or older to use this site.
- You may not post discriminatory, unlawful, harmful, hateful, violent, pornographic or sexually explicit photos, nudes, partially nudes, or sexually suggestive texts or content through the Service.
- You are responsible for any activity that is carried out through your account, and you agree not to sell, transfer, license or cede your account, your followers, your username nor any account rights. With the exception of persons or companies that are expressly permitted to create accounts in the names of their employees or customers, Arcletic prohibits creating an account for anyone other than yourself, and you yourself herewith commit not to do so. You further confirm that all information provided by you at registration or at any later date is true, accurate, current and complete, and you commit yourself to update your information in the extent that it is necessary to obtain truth and accuracy.
- You agree that you will not copy, use, seek or collect the credentials of other users.
- You will be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your password.
- You may not defame, stalk, harass, abuse, threaten, impersonate or intimidate any person or companies and you may not post private or confidential information about the service (this includes, inter alia, credit card information, social security or alternative national identity numbers, non-public telephone numbers or non-public e-mail addresses).
- You may not use the service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (eg: federal, state, local and municipal level), which apply to your use of the Service and your content (definition below).
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, files, information, usernames, images, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, sounds, musical works, copyright works, apps, links and other content or materials (collectively, the “content”) that you submit on or through the Service.
- You may not change, alter, modify or adapt the Service. You may not make any changes or modifications which could be incorrectly concluded to be in connection with the Service, Arcletic or any other website like this.
- You may not post, create or send unsolicited messages or other forms of commercial or harassing communications (also called “spam”) to any Arcletic users.
- You may not impede or interfere with the Service, products connected to the Service, servers or networks, including the transmission of any viruses, spyware, malware, or any other code of destructive or disruptive nature. You may not add content, code or Art, or alter or interfere in any way with any Arcletic page in the browser or on a user’s device shown or displayed.
- You have to comply with the Community guidelines of Arcletic; this can be found here: https://arcletic.com/community-guidelines
- You may not create an account by using unauthorized methods, this includes: The use of automated equipment, scripts, robot, spider, crawler or scraper services.
- We reserve the right to change the Service or to quit your access to the Service for any reason, at any time, without notice and without liability to you. If we terminate your access to the Service or you disable your account, or deletes your content (profile photos, friends, and any other data) you may no longer access your account or deleted content other than materials and data, which remain within the Service (eg. B. created groups).
- Termination of the Service will result in immediate termination of all licenses and other rights granted in these Terms of Rights.
- We reserve the right to refuse anyone access the Service for any reason and at any time.
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Service, both online as well as offline. You agree that Arcletic is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any user. Arcletic reserves the right to monitor disputes between you and other users, or to intervene, although the obligation does not exists to do so. Use your common sense and your best judgment when interacting with others, even if you provide or post personal content or any other information.
- There may be links on the Service from third parties, or of communications that you receive from the Service to third party websites or functions. There may also be links to websites or third party features in images or comments within the service. The service does not control, keep or favor the ideas and content of third parties.
- You agree that you will pay all charges related to the use of the service data.
- We will block access to any content to the Service as a result of crawling, scraping, caching, or any other automated methods, including user profiles and photos (unless they result from protocols of standard search engines or through technology provided by search engine with explicit consent from Arcletic).
- A portion of the Service is supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions; you hereby declare that you consent that Arcletic can place such advertisements and promotions on the service, through or in connection with your content. The manner and extent of such advertisements and promotions are subject to change without notice to you.
- You acknowledge that we cannot always prove identify paid services, sponsored content or commercial communications as such.
- You represent and warrant that (i) you are the owner of your posted content on or through the Service or are eligible in any other way to grant the rights specified in these Terms of rights and licenses; (ii) your posted content and use on or through the Service does not violate, use illegal or infringing items against any of the rights to third parties, these include, inter alia, privacy, copyright, trademark and / or other intellectual property rights; (iii) you are bound to the payment of all monies, taxes, fees and any other amounts due by you for posted content on or through the Service; and (iv) you possess the legal right and ability to enter into these Terms in your jurisdiction.
- The Service includes content, which is owned by or licensed by Arcletic (“Arcletic-content”). Arcletic-content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws and Arcletic owns all rights to the Arcletic-content, the service and reserves. You will not affix remove, alter or conceal these accompanying notes on copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights to the Arcletic-content and you will not reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works thereof, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, sell, license or exploit the Arcletic-content in any other way.
- The name and logo of Arcletic are trademarks and may not without prior written consent of Arcletic, imitated, used or copied whether in whole or in part, except where this is in accordance with our trademark policies. In addition, all page headers, own graphics, button icons and scripts, service marks, trademarks and / or trade dress of Arcletic, may not be copied, imitated or used wholly or partially without prior written permission of Arcletic.
- Although Arcletic intended that the service be available to as many people as possible, there will be times when the service may be interrupted, for example, for scheduled maintenance or improvements, for emergency repairs or due to failures in the telecommunication lines or – devices. Moreover, Arcletic reserves the right, for any reason and without notice to remove any content from the Service. Content removed from service can still be saved by Arcletic, in compliance with certain legal obligations; this can however not be accessed without a valid court order. For this reason Arcletic recommends you keep your own backup copies of your content. Arcletic is not liable for any change on or suspension or termination of service, nor for the loss of any content. In addition, you acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to security breaches and that the input of content or other information might not be safe.
- It is part of the business policy of Arcletic to adopt or to consider any content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials and possibly apply certain special conditions, terms, and requirements, except when specially requested by us. This is done in order to avoid any misunderstandings if your ideas are similar to our independently developed ideas or those to be developed in the future. Accordingly Arcletic does not accept the transmission of unsolicited materials or ideas and accepts no responsibility for any materials or ideas transmitted in this manner. If you decide, despite our policies to send us content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials, you agree that Arcletic is free to use any such content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials for any purpose whatsoever (the development and marketing of products and services) and without any liability or payment towards you.
Report by copyright and other IP violations
- We respect the rights of others and expect from you to do so as well.
- If you repeatedly infringe our Terms (especially but not exclusively the intellectual property of others), we will where appropriate terminate your account.
THE SERVICE IS ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. IN TERMS OF MAXIMUM LAW IT WILL NOT BE PERMITTED BY ARCLETIC NEITHER ITS’ SISTER OR PARENT COMPANIES NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “ARCLETIC PARTIES”) ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OR OPINIONS OF ANY KIND CONTRARY TO EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE FOLLOWING: ( A) THE SERVICE; (B) THE ARCLETIC CONTENT; (C) USER CONTENT; OR (D) SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION TO ARCLETIC OR THROUGH THE SERVICE. ARCLETIC PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED INCLUDING AMONG OTHER WARRANTIES, WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, CUSTOM, THE RELEVANT INDUSTRY, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS.
THE ARCLETIC PARTIES DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE ERROR FREE OR WILL RUN WITHOUT INTTERUPTIONS, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SERVICE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF ANY HARMFUL COMPONENTS – INCLUDING VIRUSES. THE ARCLETIC PARTIES MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING ANY INSTRUCTIONS) ON THE SERVICE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR HELPFUL. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU USE THE SERVICE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE ARCLETIC PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS LAWFUL IN EACH JURISDICTION, AND ARCLETIC PARTIES CLOSE SUCH WARRANTIES EXPRESSLY. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED OR OTHER WARRANTIES OR MAY ALSO NOT ALLOW THEM. IT MAY THEREFORE OCCUR THAT THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, IF THE LAW OF SUCH JURISDICTIONS ARE APPLICABLE.
BY ACCESSING THE SERVICE OR USE OF THE SERVICE YOU REPRESENT, WARRANT AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ACTIVITIES IN ANY JURISDICTION IN WHICH YOU UTILISE THE SERVICE ARE WITHIN THE PARAMETERS OF THE LAW.
THE ARCLETIC PARTIES APPROVES NO CONTENT AND ESPECIALLY ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON OR ANY COMPANY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE (WHETHER IT BE ACTUAL DAMAGE CAUSED, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, FORFEIT OF DAMAGES OR FAULT WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR NEGLIIGIBLE), BREACH, LIABILITY, REASONS RELATED TO ANY ACT OF NATURE OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON WHATSOEVER.
Limitation of Liability and Exclusion
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE ARCLETIC PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, ECONOMIC, FORFEITURE, INTENTIONAL OR NEGLIGIBLE FAULT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY WHETHER IN RELATION WITH: (A) THE SERVICE; (B) THE
ARCLETIC CONTENT; (C) USER CONTENT; (D) YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, OR ITS IMPLEMENTATION; (E) ANY ACTION RELATING TO AN INVESTIGATION BY ARCLETIC PARTIES OR BY THE LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES REGARDING THE USE OF THE SERVICE AGAINST YOURSELF OR ANY OTHER PARTY; (F) ANY ACTION RELATING TO HOLDERS OF COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS; (G) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICE; OR (H) ANY CLAIM RELATING TO THE COMPUTER, THE MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER TECHNICAL FACILITIES OF ANY USER, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR ANY SECURITY BREACH OR ANY VIRUS, FAILURES, ALTERATION, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR THE TRANSMISSION OR NETWORK FAILURE OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL OR OTHER PROBLEMS, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, OR COMPUTER FAILURE OF ANY KIND; EVEN IF THE DAMAGE OR LOSS COULD HAVE BEEN SEEN IN ADVANCE OR IF THE POSSIBILITY OF RELEVANT DAMAGES COULD HAVE BEEN KNOWN BY THE ARCLETIC PARTIES, WHETHER DUE TO A CONTRACTUAL ACTION, NEGLIGENCE, TORT (WHETHER THE LOSS OR DAMAGE IS CREATED IN WHOLE OR PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE OR THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF THE SERVICE). UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE ARCLETIC PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF ARCLETIC PARTIES SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED EURO (€ 100.00) FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION.
YOU ARE AWARE THAT THROUGH YOUR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE YOU RENOUNCE YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT MAY ARISE AT THIS TIME OR UNEXPECEDLY IN THE UNKNOWN FUTURE AND YOU THEREFORE ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE RELEVANT TERMS, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY RENOUNCE ANY BENEFITS UNDER PARAGRAPH § 1542 OF THE CIVIL LAW OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY, WHICH PROVIDES THAT: A GENERAL DISCLAIMER DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECTS TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
ARCLETIC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CLAIM AGAINST SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
You (and any third parties for which you run an account or activity on the Service) agree to exempt Arcletic parties from any claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses arising (including appropriate attorney’s fees and costs) which may result from any of the following activities or otherwise related thereto (inter alia because of your direct activity on the Service or activities carried out in your name): (i) your content or your access to the Service or its use; (ii) your violation or alleged breach of these Terms; (iii) your violation of any third party’s right (inter alia any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right); (iv) your violation of any laws, rules, regulations, codes, ordinances, decrees or orders of any government and government-related agency, including all regulatory, administrative and legislative authorities; or (v) any misrepresentation made. You will participate in the margin required by Arcletic’s extent in the defense of any claim. Arcletic reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter that is subject to indemnification by you, and you will settle any claim under any circumstances without the prior written consent of Arcletic.
Time constraints for claims
You agree that any claims that you may have because of your relationship with Arcletic or in connection with this, must be filed within one year after the occurrence of such a claim; otherwise your claim is permanently barred.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by the laws of the country Austria excluding the private international law and will be interpreted in accordance therewith. You agree to clarify any dispute that you have with Arcletic exclusively before a court in Salzburg, Austria, and you will abide by the jurisdiction of the courts in Austria.
If any provision in these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed appropriately separated from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. Failure by Arcletic on the exact implementation or enforceability of each provision of these Terms shall be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. No waiver of any of these conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other condition. Arcletic reserves the right to modify this provision for the settlement of disputes; however, such changes do not apply to disputes arising prior to the effective date of the amendment. This amended provision shall apply for the purposes of settling the dispute till the end of all your transactions with Arcletic.
The information made available through the Service are not intended for distribution to or use intended by any person or any company in any jurisdiction or a country where such distribution or use would be contrary to a law or regulation, or which would subject Arcletic any registration requirement in such jurisdiction or such a country. We reserve the right to restrict the availability of the service or any part thereof to any person, any geographic region or jurisdiction at any time and at our sole discretion, and to restrict the amounts of any questions of Arcletic available Swimming contents, programs, products, services or features.
Effective date of these Terms: December 27, 2021
(These terms and conditions are written in German. If a conflict arises between any translation of these Terms and the English version the German version shall prevail.)
Who we are
Our website address is: http://22.214.171.124/arc.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.